Sunday 1 December 2013

Christmas Crackers


It's a big question everyone asks themselves, well anyone who gives a damn about fashion!, "What am I going to wear on Christmas day?" Many of us take hideously over-organised and awkwardly formalised family photos, usually complete with Christmas themed accessories or garish Crimbo jumpers, so it's important to consider at length how you want to be seen in this year's picture.

At this time of year your fashion needs to allow for practicality and comfort. It's the season for indulgence, so an elasticated waist is always welcome, and temperatures are plummeting so there is simply no space for anything cropped or mini in my wardrobe over the winter period! Heavy knits and a fabulous fur are welcomed with open arms, along with the plethora of adornments from hats, scarves and gloves galore. I have to admit that I'm a little hat obsessed, annually requesting a new winter warmer to add to the collection.

I'm not a hat snob, I love pretty much every style from a flat cap to a beanie, but there are definitely a few which stand out and others which I would endeavour to avoid. On a 2 year old toddler, a novelty animal themed hat can look adorable and quite frankly it would be a shame not to force them into wearing such a thing when you still have a say over it! However, I seem to have missed the announcement that 30 somethings could get away with wearing the same novelty panda printed beanie and it be socially acceptable? It certainly isn't in my opinion!

Deviating from my usual expensive, designer fashion suggestions, this hat is both fashion, and purse, friendly at only £17. Available at Accessorize, this beanie would be sure to keep you warm this winter, and still leave you change for a cheeky trip to the pub for a liquid winter warmer too.

Gloves are also a seriously underrated accessory. I think they can really add a sense of style and glamour to a winter outfit, and it's well worth investing a little more money in a quality pair that are able to stand up to the ever-chilling winter conditions.

Asos have a great collection, making finding one single pair to purchase a seriously difficult choice. Although my ethos is life is, if in doubt, get them both. So in the instance, I'd reiterate that! If I really had to push to single out one stand-out pair, I'd have to go for these burgandy leather metal-plate gloves. They look far more expensive than their bargain price tag of just £22, especially considering they're 100% leather, making them a great value purchase.


Perfect as a Christmas stocking filler, or a gift to yourself, it's always wise to accessorise and there's no better season than Winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment