Tuesday 26 November 2013

Rain, Rain, Come Again!

We all get the inevitable feeling of dread when looking outside before leaving the house and seeing the oh-so familiar rainy drizzle poetically running down the window pane. Personally, I love rain (when I'm inside!), and preparing for it does not mean grabbing the nearest mac-in-a-sac or cag-in-a-bag. You can step out and face the elements whilst remaining perfectly dry and looking as fashion savvy as ever. It might require a little investment in a few key pieces, but it's worth it to feel comfortable and look great.

No-one can design a trench coat like Burberry. I don't think anyone can dispute that, and if they did I'd like to see them try when faced with their current collection. They manage to cover every coat base, from simple and understated to stand-out and seriously daring. Meaning that, of course, I want to own every single design they now have - wonderful for the purse strings!

This metal plate vinyl trench caught my eye straight away. Burgundy is one of my favourite colours anyway, and I think it flatters so many different skin tones, even the ghostly white colouring I've been blessed with! It may be pricey at over £1000 but you can't put a price on the exquisite tailoring synonymous with Burberry, nor the incredible sense of style and glamour that will immediately envelop you every single time you wrap this piece around yourself. It's a high fashion hug in a trench - who could ask for more?!



For those fashionistas who don't want to make quite such a bold statement as with the metal vinyl number above - shame, but I can understand that perhaps such an amazing piece of glamourous design may not be appropriate at every occasion - there is the short lizard detail piece from the collection. This is far more practical and practical for every day wear. In my opinion, it isn't as fun as the vinyl number which I know I would  never be able to prize away from my body once I first put it on, but it is unquestionably just as beautifully-tailored and the quality is second-to-none. No less than you would expect from the fashion legends at Burberry.



Don't be dismayed when you hear that rainy pitter-patter outside. Instead, prepare yourself with any one of Burberry's trench wonders and you'll be wishing the rain to come again today and everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment