Thursday 19 June 2014

Show-stopper Sunnies

Accessories can make, or break, an outfit. I love the flexibility that accessories give to your wardrobe, allowing you to create hundreds of looks out of a small number of pieces, elevated with the addition of a statement necklace, chunky cuff or stellar sunglasses. 



Seeing as the summer season is upon us, and I can verify I have officially seen the sun, it's time to maximise the opportunity to don your finest pair of sunnies. Even just within the sunglasses genre, there is huge variety in styles, shapes and colours all impacting greatly on the effect they have on the overall look.

I always gravitate towards the stand-out, perhaps arguably garish at times, but always fabulous sunglasses. I like my UV defenders to make an impression and say something about me and my sense of style. I don't expect everyone to see them and approve of my style choice, but as long as they notice them, that's my job done! My style is most certainly individual and "interesting" as labelled by my beloved grandmother, but fashion is fun and isn't constrained by limits or laws, so I all for pushing the boundaries.

Despite recently graduating from university and with the student debt still weighing heavily on my bank account, I couldn't resist investing in a new amazing pair of sunnies when our lenses met a couple of weeks ago. It was a partnership made in heaven, and any fashion follower would understand when it was a case of needs-must, despite any financial limitations!




They're by designer Orla Kiely, and I'm officially in love. Their 50s inspired shape and patterned rim are really unusual, classic and show-stoppingly glam. The incredible Kiely designs everything and anything, many embossed with her signature flower and petal design, all embodying of air of vintage and classic style, even as far as her candles which are super chic!

Embrace the sun this summer, and bring an outfit to life with a statement pair of sunnies that will turn heads and get you noticed!   

No comments:

Post a Comment