Sunday 15 September 2013

Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head

When the rain is pouring down outside, it’s hard to ever convince yourself that leaving the house would be a wise decision. However, sometimes you just haven’t got the luxury of the choice and you need to boot-up, wrap yourself in the biggest coat you own, and brace yourself for the elements.

It’s a daily battle I have with myself when back at university in the not-so-sunny Scotland. I love the city of Edinburgh, but with the amount of wind and rain it throws back at me, I’m not so sure it’s mutual. However, when the weather is like that, fashion can fight back.

I love the opportunity to wear a good pair of solid boots and wear a coat fit for sub-zero temperatures even in September – the usual rules of seasons just don’t apply in this part of the UK!



This Paul Smith Prince of Wales check double-breasted coat would be perfect for any suave man about town. It’s sure to keep you snug against those bitter winds yet seamlessly keeping any man looking sophisticated and dapper, even if he is soaked through!


For the girlies, I adore this gold wool-blend Herringbone Coat. It has such a simple, subtle and understated air about it, yet it’s super glamorous and chic. I would love to head off to lectures wearing this, although it would seem a shame to risk even a drop of rain touching such a beautiful piece of tailoring.


I tell myself, it may be miserable out there, but if you’re dressed right you can bring that missing bit of sunshine to the streets with a knock-out overcoat and a killer set of boots. When you’re prepared, no weather can get in the way!   

No comments:

Post a Comment