Tuesday 9 July 2013

The F Word

No, I’m not referring to Gordon Ramsay’s word of choice, nor making a glaringly obvious reference to the word fashion. I’m instead touching up a key word which always springs to my mind when deciding which outfit to put together and how to style myself every day.

The word is “fierce”. I may be a mere 5 foot 3 inches and look no older than 12 to the average person, but that is in no way going to stop me from dressing exactly how I like and expressing how I feel in the best way I know how. In certain context, the word fierce may hold a negative connotation and imply a certain sense of aggression. However, when used in a pure fashion sense, it simply implies for you to be who you want to be and own it.

Dressing yourself is the perfect outlet to show others who you are irrespective of whether they like that or not.


These are my absolute favourite heels of the moment. They’re a recent purchase from the latest Christian Louboutin collection, almost requiring a second student loan to fund. If they were a man I would marry them, and I’m still considering going ahead with the nuptials despite the fact they’re not. My father’s immediate reaction to seeing them was “Horrible!” which I suppose I should have expected from a financial director who isn’t one of Louboutin’s closest followers. If we all loved the same things, we’d all look identical which would make for a pretty boring world wouldn’t it?

So grab your favourite platforms and outrageous meat covered dress if you like and be fierce. Own it, and it’s yours. No one can question that.

ps. thanks to mama swift for her photography skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment